“My Daughter’s Kitchen” Cooking Classes
March 27th - June 5th, 2014
See Participating Schools Below!
Beginning the week of March 17 and continuing for 10 weeks, one day a week afterschool for two hours, 20 volunteers throughout 10 Philadelphia area schools will teach students to prepare simple, healthy, and inexpensive meals. The program features a variety of recipes from buttermilk roasted chicken to turkey lettuce wraps to ratatouille.
The Vetri Foundation has partnered with Philadelphia Inquirer food editor Maureen Fitzgerald who will write about the classes for the newspaper as well as for her blog, My Daughter’s Kitchen. Weekly articles will appear in the Food & Dining section of the Philadelphia Inquirer beginning March 27. We hope you’ll read along!
And don't forget, you can support the Cooking Classes to expand this wonderful program! Contributions can be sent to the Vetri Foundation for Children, 1113 Admiral Peary Way, Quarters N, Philadelphia, 19112. Note "My Daughter's Kitchen" in the memo. You can also donate online.
Spring 2014 Participating Schools
- Bayard Taylor*, North Philadelphia
- Community Partnership School, North Philadelphia
- Greenfield Elementary* at Pure Fare, Center City, Philadelphia
- Henry W. Lawton School*, Northeast Philadelphia
- Juniata Park Academy*, Northeast Philadelphia
- Sacred Heart School, Camden, NJ
- St. Martin De Porres Catholic School, North Philadelphia
- St. Martin of Tours, Northeast Philadelphia
- William H. Loesche Elementary*, Northeast Philadelphia
- Wissahickon Charter School, North Philadelphia
*School District of Philadelphia