Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Vetri Community Partnership! Volunteers are a vital aspect to our programming, and we are always excited to on-board interested candidates. VCP offers unique volunteer opportunities in regards to healthy eating, nutrition education, and hands-on engagement.
1. Create a volunteer profile here!
2. Sign up for a volunteer orientation that accommodates to your schedule (orientation is required for all new volunteers). Can’t find an orientation time that works for you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternative time.
3. Provide 3 required clearances and 2 required forms at orientation or email them to Ridhdhi as they are acquired (please see below for more information on clearances).
4. Attend orientation.
5. Now you are an official volunteer!
6. Sign up for volunteer opportunities as they are posted on VolunteerHub!
We require all volunteers that are 18 years of age or older to obtain three background checks:
For step-by-step instructions on how to obtain these clearances, click here.
To review our official Clearances Policy click here.
Vetri Cooking Lab (VCL) is an after-school program designed for students in 4th grade and up in Philadelphia and Camden that focuses on cooking, nutrition, and food education featuring STEM core concepts. The program is designed to help students become educated food consumers by arming them with knowledge about why real food is best coupled with hands-on preparation of nutritious food items.
EAT360 is our SNAP-ed funded, flagship program that offers nutrition education and direct service in our partner schools, during school-time! Our EAT360 Program coordinators lead our hands-on nutrition education programming in both the classroom and cafeteria environment. With positive intentions our EAT360 team works to transform the theory and setting of both exposure to culinary education in school, as well as, the lunchtime experience.
We’re bringing the culinary classroom to the curbside in the communities that we serve. The Mobile Teaching Kitchen arrives on-site at schools, farmers markets and community events with tables, cooking equipment, speakers and more to create a hands-on cooking demonstration experience.